- Borrowing facilities are given only to the member of the library. Books may be borrowed only against the library card issued to an individual. Borrowing will be done only through the counters after the member produces his/her library card to the person at the counter. The library card is non transferable.
- Books are issued and returned from 10.00 AM. to 12.30 PM. and from 01.00 PM. to 04.00 PM.
- The holder of the library card is responsible for any book issued against that library card, as per the library records.
- Newspapers, Periodical & Reference Books will not be issued from the library.
- The duration and number of borrowing books for Faculty/students is as follows:-
Text Book 6 Books
Duration 30 Days only
Reference books will issue after order by competent authority only for one day.
Text Books 2 Books
Duration 14 Days only
Book Bank 7/8 Books
Duration Till end of Sem.
Reference Books One Book for reading room only.
- Books will not be renewed/reissued.
- CD & floppy will be issued for one day only on submission of ID card/Library card.
- If a book is not returned within the stipulated time. The member will be charged a penalty of Rs. 10.00 for Text book/ Book Bank and Rs. 20.00 For reference book per day per Volume. The fine should be paid at the circulation counter strictly.
- If a member loses a book issued against his/her library card, the penalty will be paid as follows:
- Current cost of the book.
- Double of current cost in case of Rare book
- Both, as per the severity of the case.
- Additional penalties of Rs. 50.00 per book for damage/spoiled barcode.
- If a member loses his/her library card. He / She will make a written report to the Librarian and a duplicate card will be issued at a cost of Rs. 100.00
- If Journals and Magazines lost by the user in that case user will have to pay three times the cost of the Journal/Magazine.
- If a borrower does not return the books/Magazine/Journal/Report/CD in spite of two successive reminders his/her membership is liable to be cancelled without further notice.
- The librarian can ask for books and publications any time if need arises.
- If any case of pilferage will be noticed. It may be viewed seriously. It may be penalized to termination of Library membership or monetary penalty equal to four time of cost of book or both.
- Library shall remain open from 09.30 a.m. to 5:00 PM only during academic period. Timing can be extended as per student’s requirement.
- All library users must sign in security register available with the attendant at the gate of Library.
- User should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other readers in the library. Talking/Smoking/Eating/use of mobile phone/drinking/ sleeping is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- While entering in library user should leave his/her personal belongings, such as bags, personal books etc. at the counter reserved for this purpose. Loose papers and note books may however be taken into the library. Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine their personal belongings, if asked.
- Users of the library should not deface, make, cut or damage the reading materials in any way. Persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage book. In case a person repeats the offence a second times his/her library card would be impounded and the membership will be terminated for rest of semester.
- If any student is found indulging in book hiding, stealing strict disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
- The member would satisfy himself/herself before leaving the issue counter as to whether the book is in good condition or not otherwise he may be held responsible.
- Circulation counter shall remain closed from 12.30 PM. to 01.00 PM. for Lunch break.
- Students are not allowed to use Mobile phone in library premises.
- Photocopy service shall be available for the management Library materials against payment.
All members of the library team are available for any assistance one may need in using the library resources, facilities & services and they are also open any suggestion from the users.